Black Magic Woman

Black Magic Woman
Photographed by Kate Donovan for Donovan's Darlings

Thursday 1 March 2012

Splitting Personalities...

Hello,

My name is Rachel and I have been a burlesque performer for about five years now, but I find myself revelling more in the fact that I have been a successful burlesque promoter for over four years now.  Why you ask?

The answer is simple, I am afraid of the lime-light, lacking in confidence and unable to dance.

Now, WHAT would Deadly Nightshade have to say about THAT?

She would bitch-slap me to the other side of the earth for darkening her name with such slander!  She loves the lime-light, ooozes with confidence and can dance to any beat - but I struggle to bring Nightshade to the fore-front sometimes!
Performing 'The Wolf'
Promoting has always allowed me to hide behind the scenes or to only perform in an atmosphere where I feel the most comfortable and recently I find myself embarking upon successes.  These successes have been achieved by Rachel, but I think Deadly has had a lot to do with them too.

After my recent achievements, I now find myself being blessed with the ability to teach my art to others and this got me thinking - if I am able to tutor young women in how to be more confident, then surely I must now have some?

Deadly Nightshade has somehow, secretly, sneakily, slowly and seductively crept out into Rachel's personality, or maybe she was always there to begin with?  

"I'm not me any more, now I'm him" (or in my case: her) - Alice Cooper.

No comments:

Post a Comment